Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nos Palpitants - EKN Mix
I couldn't not have a go at this song since it is (to my knowledge) the only one in french on here. And most of all, it's a very nice song with beautifully written lyrics.

For some reason, I had a hard time dealing with the kick/snare, and it took me quite some time and effort to get the vocals right. But it was a very interesting challenge for me.

As always, comments and advices are welcome.

Happy listening !
Erick

.mp3    Nos Palpitants - EKN Mix 01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Great sounding mix ,you have donr a great job on the drums.
The only thing I would say is maybe the acoustic is a bit loud and sticks out the mix a tad.
(28-03-2014, 02:28 PM)takka360 Wrote: Great sounding mix ,you have donr a great job on the drums.
The only thing I would say is maybe the acoustic is a bit loud and sticks out the mix a tad.

You're right about the acoustic, it's somewhat loud, but that was a conscious choice of mine since to me the syncopated strumming pattern is what makes this song rythmically interesting and it nicely complements the ternary rythm emphasized by the hihat.
However, I'll try to reassess the balance with fresh ears and see if I can make the guitar less ovious while maintaining its rythmic role.

Thanks for listening and commenting !
At the end of the day if you like it keep it the way it is.
Yeah this sounds great, nothing to fault, sounds just as it should. takka360 has a point about the acoustic though, gets a bit much after a while, I think it could come down a touch once it's established itself, or at least work it around the vocal a little, but really good stuff.