Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright - another Mix
I heard many good mixes of this song, so i tried one too. Smile
It would be nice, if you could give me some feedback.

Thanks!

.mp3    Im Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

I like the sound of the drums, but i feel they are a bit too aggressive for the style of this song, specifically the kick. I LOVE THE KICK, lol but it doesnt really work for this song dial it back just a bit, haha. maybe try LCR panning the instruments on the chorus to make it sound bigger than the verse. Personally i would edit out the silence during the first break (that tom ring). I like the vocal delays, but i think it is used a bit too often. The more often its used, the less cool it sounds, so try to limit it to only a couple times throughout the whole song so it seems really special when it happens. Keep it up!
(27-03-2014, 08:18 PM)JClean17 Wrote: I like the sound of the drums, but i feel they are a bit too aggressive for the style of this song, specifically the kick. I LOVE THE KICK, lol but it doesnt really work for this song dial it back just a bit, haha. maybe try LCR panning the instruments on the chorus to make it sound bigger than the verse. Personally i would edit out the silence during the first break (that tom ring). I like the vocal delays, but i think it is used a bit too often. The more often its used, the less cool it sounds, so try to limit it to only a couple times throughout the whole song so it seems really special when it happens. Keep it up!

Thanks for your kind words and the feedback! Wink
How would you pan the instruments on that song?
They are not double tracked so, should i leave them all in the center?
I'm feeling uncomfortable, if i pan the guitar/piano hard to the right or the left.

You can copy a track and then pan one right the other left..you can also as example render a track to stereo.
Your mix is way too loud to really hear the mix in any detail.
I myself never panned anything in my mix.
You can also get two acoustic tracks and pan one left and one right to give more spread and
keep them out of the middle.
There are no rules in mixing.