Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifiers: I'm Alright
I had a lot of fun mixing this song. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

.mp3    I\'m Alright .mp3 --  (Download: 2.77 MB)

Sounds like a pretty good job I like it ,one minor thing is the solo at 1.46 sounds like it could come up just a touch on my monitors Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

hi,

listening the way the mother-in-law would, it was working well.

i'll mention here the acoustic gtr for you. it's close, very close...er.....uncomfortably so. but it's tonality suggests it isn't because of the lack of highs. it's ambiance is like...strange and unnatural. i know the source track has an odd ambiance from the recording space which the mic captured however, and it's this i'm hearing in your mix (the boxy-like small room syndrome), so it's making a contradiction to the other instrumentation? the problem inherent, is that if you want to put it back more into a bigger space with the rest of the band and get it away from my face, you will need to add some reverb to it.....and shape the EQ. however, in doing so, adding one ambiance on top of another just doesn't fool our brains at the subconscious level....so it will feel unnatural though many wouldn't be able to explain why...like the mother-in-law?

if you were listening to this guitar in a real space...would it sound the way you mixed it?

so, what can you do besides punch the recording engineer? Smile Ordinarily, i'd suggest compression technique would help you a great deal. but given this thing has already been spanked during processing before you got it, that's taken away the preferred option of messing with the attack and release....

cheers
Dave

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!