Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Fell From The Sky - Not You
Really nice song to mix
Hope it turned out fine, and, as always I welcome any feedback

Edit (v2 R01) 20.02.2024
New mix from scratch ( louder, and I hope better )

Cheers

.mp3    We Fell From Sky - Not You.mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

.mp3    We Fell From The Sky - Not You v2 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
New mix from scratch added
Let me know what you think

Cheers
Hi!

First mix wasn't too bad actually. The new mix is really good! The vocals sound great on earphones too. I think I prefer the intro guitar with a bit of distortion added, but that's just my taste and a minor, nitpick.

If anyone reading hasn't tried this one, I think it's a real challenge and possibly one of the most challenging sessions in the library to mix. I ended up reprogramming all the drums from scratch with addictive drums, and I replayed the bass with the Korg M1 plugin when I attempted it.

Excellent work here.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi mikej,

Thanks a lot for giving a listen and for your feedback. I'm really glad you like it
Yeah, I thought about the intro ( I remember I tried that in my later mix ) but ended up using the clean version. Now I'm thinking I should have tried a mild distortion ( as you suggested )

It's one of the most challenging sessions in this genre indeed, alongside The Apprehended - Still Flyin' (one of which I'm going to try again someday)

Cheers