Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song of India
Here's my take on this one. Love this genre Smile

.mp3    Song of India.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

.mp3    Song of India Final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!

Sounds great and natural. Well done.

Also your bass sounds the way it should sound in this music - says me who doesn't have any glue about this music Smile.

Only tow minor comments came to my mind:

Trombone level too low at parts that starts at 0:25 and 2:35. I'n mot sure but I think it's main instrument of that part. Take a listen of this version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNVfCAily1c
In that take other players try to keep the energy level down down to give room to that soft trombone sound which is clearly turned up with fader.

Your piano and guitar are quite loud. Nothing bad with that - the idea works fine - but I feel that those two players are not at the same level as other band. I think their rhythm is not as solid as it could be. It can be heard on especially on those softer trombone parts.
(14-03-2014, 09:15 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds great and natural. Well done.

Also your bass sounds the way it should sound in this music - says me who doesn't have any glue about this music Smile.

Only tow minor comments came to my mind:

Trombone level too low at parts that starts at 0:25 and 2:35. I'n mot sure but I think it's main instrument of that part. Take a listen of this version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNVfCAily1c
In that take other players try to keep the energy level down down to give room to that soft trombone sound which is clearly turned up with fader.

Your piano and guitar are quite loud. Nothing bad with that - the idea works fine - but I feel that those two players are not at the same level as other band. I think their rhythm is not as solid as it could be. It can be heard on especially on those softer trombone parts.

Finally got a chance to come back to this one. I agree with your suggestions, Ollie. That muted solo must have caught the recording engineers by surprise. I brought it out some more with some automated eq and also brought the piano and guitar down a bit.
Here it is with my attempt at implementing Ollie's suggestions.

.mp3    Song of India 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

My favorite version so far!
(17-03-2014, 03:28 PM)Olli H Wrote: My favorite version so far!

Thanks Smile
Wonderful mix !
I didn't have a try at this mix myself and didn't even listen to the raw tracks, thus I don't have an in-depth view on the technicalities. But as an end-listener, your mix sounds really good to me, very "authentic".
I closed my eyes and could imagine myself in a movie theatre watching one of Woody Allen's movies with a great OST !
I'll have to have a go at this one, seems to be a great fun to mix !
Congratulations Smile
(27-03-2014, 03:20 PM)EKN Wrote: Wonderful mix !
I didn't have a try at this mix myself and didn't even listen to the raw tracks, thus I don't have an in-depth view on the technicalities. But as an end-listener, your mix sounds really good to me, very "authentic".
I closed my eyes and could imagine myself in a movie theatre watching one of Woody Allen's movies with a great OST !
I'll have to have a go at this one, seems to be a great fun to mix !
Congratulations Smile
Thanks Smile
Sounds Great Bob Smile !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts