Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate ITB
Attached my exercise from tonight.
Logic, Waves plugins, I did not use any automation.
- A light Master compression and limiting with Slate FGX.
- Most channels have a Waves SSL strip and RCompressor.
- I worked a little bit more on the voices trying to tune some dedicated reverb and deessing.
- The eguitar solo was a pain to fit in, I finally eq notched 2.5kHz just to avoid it getting in the ear. Eguitar also Doubled so it's placed just behind the voices.
- Waves NLS in all channels and master buss (it's becoming the ITB magic wand when I'm on the road).

comments appreciated :-)

.mp3    Immaculate 01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
(10-10-2012, 12:01 AM)Lammy Wrote: Attached my exercise from tonight.
PT10, Waves plugins, I did not use any automation.
- A light Master compression and limiting with Slate FGX.
- Most channels have a Waves SSL strip and RCompressor.
- I worked a little bit more on the voices trying to tune some dedicated reverb and deessing.
- The eguitar solo was a pain to fit in, I finally eq notched 2.5kHz just to avoid it getting in the ear. Eguitar also Doubled so it's placed just behind the voices.
- Waves NLS in all channels and master buss (it's becoming the ITB magic wand when I'm on the road).

comments appreciated :-)

It's a warm soft mix. Vocal treatment is good. Piano Bass Gtr are all well mixed but Drums has a problem to my ear. I don't have the tracks so I don't know if its the recording or your treatment. I don't like the kick, it should be as warm as the rest of the mix. It's really a slightly bizzare song with those tempo changes so I'm not sure if I'll try it myself.
(15-11-2012, 02:15 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote: It's a warm soft mix. Vocal treatment is good. Piano Bass Gtr are all well mixed but Drums has a problem to my ear. I don't have the tracks so I don't know if its the recording or your treatment. I don't like the kick, it should be as warm as the rest of the mix. It's really a slightly bizzare song with those tempo changes so I'm not sure if I'll try it myself.

Thanks very much for the feedback.
Funny thing I thought that the weak point would be in the bass, and you're focusing on drums/kick. Interesting hint...
greatly appreciated! More key listening to do Rolleyes
thanks
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
hi lammy when i heard the opening i was happy with the sound but after that its jast fallapart you need to keep the drums the same as the intro you jast took the volume down tomuch, and the drums are to dry.
soory