Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New MIX from Whisper to a Scream
I have been working on this mix, I took off the chorus from vocals and added more reverb and dealy, made de snare drum a little more brighter so it could jump out a little in the mix. put some distortion in bass and overdrive a little more the guitars. Compare it with my other mix!

I love mixing this kind of music!!
If you have any advice or feedback please tell me!! I'd be thankfull!

.mp3    Whisper to a scream new mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.82 MB)

Hello
Here are a few points of your mix. Not the ultimate truth but what I heard and noticed.

That is a nice and/but loud mix.
I like that big vocal sound and those effects but on some parts the lead vocal falls little behind in the mix. Maybe ad a db or two presence with eq and some volume automation to keep the lead vocal steady as a rock. Also some bvox with effects might be too hot. If you have comp in voc bus/group try a little tighter settings so the delays won't dominate the mix.

The kick could have a little bit more ”click” or attack.
To me your snare reverb sounds a bit metallic but if that was what you were after then ok.
And I think that OHs are a little too loud and up front. They are like closer to listener than the lead vocal or the guitar solo. Maybe a little bit quieter and ad some reverb?

That guitar solo part or that part right before that. The guitar should be in the up front, not the bass. OK you can make that bass the solo instrument but in that case you have to make it clearly sound like it. Now it is too soft and doesn't have enough balls to be a solo instrument.
And when you have this big vocal sound I think you should have equally big guitar solo sound.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Ok! thanks for the tips and critics! i'll be working on that and post a new mix!