Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise Up Singing - EKN Mix
Here's my take on Jackie Greene's beautiful song.
Let me know how it sounds to your ears.

Happy listening,
Erick

.mp3    Rise Up Singing - EKN Mix 01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

BTW, could anyone please help me decipher the lyrics of the first two verses :
I get up in the morning, hear (here?) ... ???
Shuffle to ... ???
Thanks in advance !
"I get up in the morning, with the work bell warning, shuffle to my 9 - 5.

I come home in the evening, I get that feeling, Lord I start to come alive."

Think that covers the lyrics! hahaha

Meanwhile, great mix! Sounds perfect man. I'm not sure there is anything not working here. Really good Job!

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Thanks Joe for helping me improve my english, I'd never have been able to decipher the "9-to-5" by myself !
And your kind words about my mix are also much appreciated.

All the best
Sounds Great really good balance Wink!

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nice mix Erick,tho myself would like to hear a little less room .
(27-03-2014, 01:21 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds Great really good balance Wink!

Thanks mate, that means a lot !
(27-03-2014, 04:54 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix Erick,tho myself would like to hear a little less room .

Thanks Alan !

I know what you mean, I tend to like some ambiance in my mixes. And lately, I've been trying to improve my skills in the depth department. Many commercial songs I like tend to have something in common : the tracks are not too up-front in the mix, they sound somewhat at a distance from the listener, and I find it easier on the ears while still sounding full, and it gives some kind of coherence to the mix (for lack of a better word). That's what I'm trying to achieve, using a subtle balance btw EQ/pan/room/reverb, but I'm not quite there yet !

BTW, I had a first listen to your mix of this song and quite like the dryer sound you achieved. I will leave a comment there.
I think you want to play around with more very settle delays, compression can give that distance if used right. A mastering man would turn the mix to glass that is what they are there for.
Thanks for the tips, will try them on my next mixes. I didn't understand your last sentence, though : what does "turn the mix to glass" mean ?