Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Heart Of My Hometown
My mix & master

.mp3    Heart Of My Home Town -001.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

I like the present voice and it's reverb. Then, on the first verse, the change in volume is a little too drastic and unexpected.
The electric guitar, when accompanying, is a tad too crisp, IMHO. It's stereo(flanger effect is a bit too pronounced, too maybe.
Otherwise, I find the mix very balanced and also well panned in the stereo panorama.
In the outro, the very present cymbal strokes are a good fit.
(09-05-2023, 09:40 PM)datweakmaista Wrote: I like the present voice and it's reverb. Then, on the first verse, the change in volume is a little too drastic and unexpected.
The electric guitar, when accompanying, is a tad too crisp, IMHO. It's stereo(flanger effect is a bit too pronounced, too maybe.
Otherwise, I find the mix very balanced and also well panned in the stereo panorama.
In the outro, the very present cymbal strokes are a good fit.
Thank you for your input. It's been a while since I mixed this so I don't remember exactly what I did but I know for sure there were no added effects to the guitar otherr than maybe delay or reverb and even those may have been baked into the recording. As stated It's been a while.