Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise-You are the one
Hello!

Wanted to keep the wave feel of the tape recording but a bit with a modern approach Wink let me know what's good or bad Smile

All best

Jacques

.mp3    StreetNoise-YouAreTheOneR1.mp3 --  (Download: 15.86 MB)

Nice job Jacques !!! like so much...
Very nice. It has that vinyl sound Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(28-02-2014, 12:25 PM)Jacques Wrote: Wanted to keep the wave feel of the tape recording but a bit with a modern approach Wink let me know what's good or bad Smile

Not bad. Lotta noise here; you might want to do some noise cleanup on these tracks before working with them so any high frequency boosting you're doing won't bring out all that hiss.

Other than the noise I only have two major quibbles with this version. First and foremost, the guitar sounds awful. Granted, the original track sound awful. If you'd like to get some ideas how to clean it up a bit, check out my mix; I describe in the posting exactly what I did with it. My other quibble is that everything sounds squashed to the middle here; you might try panning the instruments out a little, make it sound like a band spread out a little on a stage.

Interesting choice to keep the, "'You Are The One' Take Two," tag at the beginning. Wink

Other than that, though, I'm liking the way this is going. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(04-03-2014, 04:08 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(28-02-2014, 12:25 PM)Jacques Wrote: Wanted to keep the wave feel of the tape recording but a bit with a modern approach Wink let me know what's good or bad Smile

Not bad. Lotta noise here; you might want to do some noise cleanup on these tracks before working with them so any high frequency boosting you're doing won't bring out all that hiss.

Other than the noise I only have two major quibbles with this version. First and foremost, the guitar sounds awful. Granted, the original track sound awful. If you'd like to get some ideas how to clean it up a bit, check out my mix; I describe in the posting exactly what I did with it. My other quibble is that everything sounds squashed to the middle here; you might try panning the instruments out a little, make it sound like a band spread out a little on a stage.

Interesting choice to keep the, "'You Are The One' Take Two," tag at the beginning. Wink

Other than that, though, I'm liking the way this is going. Smile

Hi!

I think you didn't get it, I left the noise/hiss to keep that tape saturation sound of the '70s, so if I clean it up it will not sound like this Wink,
Acoustic GTR was sounding bad but I tryed to make it sound the best without to many processing (will read how you did), I didn't pan a lot because I wanted to sound like a band all together and not much separation, I like to play with deph with reverbs and more dry sound to make contrast between them. This is my taste, and on taste we cannot debate much because everyone got one Wink

Thanks for your advice and all best

Jacques

(04-03-2014, 07:43 AM)Jacques Wrote: I think you didn't get it, I left the noise/hiss to keep that tape saturation sound of the '70s, so if I clean it up it will not sound like this Wink,

OK, fair enough. Though, for my taste, it's a little much. Confused Maybe just a touch less would sound better...? Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(08-03-2014, 11:38 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: Maybe just a touch less would sound better...? Wink

lol... and then loose the nice wave of L.A sea?

Peace

Jacques