Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
need feedback - C U NEXT TIME
im a new mixer, need feedback and tips and what not. thank you.

.mp3    Second Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

Hi Jordan.

You picked a tricky song to start with! I know because I did the same one for my first mixSmile

What I'd recommend is picking three of the mixes of this song you like and using them as reference during your mixing. Don't settle on a track until you are happy it is as good as (or better than!) the ones you are referencing.

Watch out for Tom 1 - it's not audio but a trigger, you should use it to trigger a floor tom sample. There's no automated solution for my system so I just turned that track off in my early mixes! I had to manually place and scale each sample for my latest version.

If you get stuck on any part, then pick your favourite reference version of that, and ask in it's thread how it was done. You might even find an answer in the thread already. It's best to mention the time in the song you are listening to - it makes it easier to help Smile

Have Fun!
Domino
First off...absolutely acceptable mix, and as Domino said, not an easy one with which to begin!

I think it sounds pretty friggin' good man! Basically, if I could make a change, it would be more on the mastering front, with a 1db reduction (wide Q) between 1.5K and 3.5K.

Otherwise man, you nailed a tough one. Good job sir!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

(04-03-2014, 06:09 PM)grizwalter Wrote: First off...absolutely acceptable mix, and as Domino said, not an easy one with which to begin!

I think it sounds pretty friggin' good man! Basically, if I could make a change, it would be more on the mastering front, with a 1db reduction (wide Q) between 1.5K and 3.5K.

Otherwise man, you nailed a tough one. Good job sir!

thanks, both of yall, for the feedback! and i didnt do anything in the mastering area, still something ive never touched but something im going to start working on for sure.