Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm Alright Mix
Fairly minimalist. A few things still outstanding, but let me know what you think!

.mp3    Im Alright-20140221.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hey, i like your mix. Like you said, pretty minimal but i like it a lot !!
No flaws that stands up right now, maybe the room sound but that's a matter of taste i guess.

Well done!
Gear: Cubase 7.5, Motu 828 mk3, Alesis M1A mk2, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro
(28-02-2014, 07:08 PM)TripleS Wrote: Hey, i like your mix. Like you said, pretty minimal but i like it a lot !!
No flaws that stands up right now, maybe the room sound but that's a matter of taste i guess.

Well done!

Many thanks, man. Yeah, room to taste... agreed there. May have gone a little crazy w/ the 2500 on the drum bus this time around, but I was vibing on it, what can I say. Big Grin

Hi sternobread, i like your mix a lot because is opposite than mine :O when i approach my mix i don't really know if i do a pretty dry mix or use a little bit of effect especially reverb and i chose second way. So i think work in one way or another is a personal taste, rule is that song in final mix is good and you mix sound good!
Maybe i looking into toms channel and try to reduce decay because for my personal opinion is little bit long, you can ear a 0:35. Or check on overheads channel. Nothing else Wink
Bye for now and please remember to comment my mix too.