Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder: 'Siren' - Cefe's Mix
My attempt at this one.

Is it too bassy? I'm still struggling to balance the low end as the room I'm mixing in boost the bass quite a lot!

Thank for listening and comments.

Regards
Cefe

.mp3    Georgia Wonder\'s \'Siren\' - Cefe\'s Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 16.21 MB)

Wonderful approach to the mix, Cefe!
I think the slow build at the start really suits the song.

Especially in a sparser mix such as this where the vocals are exposed, there needs to be a bit of space put around them - reverb, delay, or a combination of both. At the moment they are very dry when they should 'pop' a little more.
Reducing frequencies below 200Hz (and I also put in a dip around 350Hz or so) will also remove some of the muddiness of the vocals.

The bass balance in your version is about right (mine sounds really big because I was listening to Jamiroquai before hitting this song).
And I like the little rise and fall synth you have added to the song, or did you affect the cymbal wash or synth wash with a resonant filter?
Very well done indeed!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Hey Dags,

Thanks listening and for your comments.

I agree that the vocals are a bit burried. They do have some delays and reverbs sends and I try and try again but couldn't make it cut the way i wanted so I just left it at my best take.

The synth that you mentioned is the Strings track, i put as insert a delay, modulation and reverb to create the fx. Also is sent to some more delays and reverb.

Cheers
Cefe
Very creative mix this !
What Dags said and your mix will also benefit from mutin that darn guitar playin major when the rest play minor Big Grin
You certainly have an ear for detail and a creative instinct. That middle part is so obviously cool that I kick myself for not havin thought of that.
Great thinkin !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order