Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my way - voelund
Worked a lot on the drums just to find I had buried them behind evrything ...
So I had to make a new mix raisin them 3 dB - now its somthin like I wanted it to be.
Some challenges, the bas amp track stops midway - some parts needed movin around and mutin and I mad a tambourine part and deliberately made it little of time.
Added a plate verb, an IR of a bricasti, very nice stuff, to choir bus and automated. Lots of automation goin on.
Made a breakdown after the bad drumbreak, and it made sense. Created an ending.

For the eq there are 3-4 narrow notches in acc guitar, it had some very unpleasant picknoise where the mic were most sensitive. ouch.
Many notches in drums too.
Lots of narrowing the stereo files. Piano, OH, organ and bv in stereo.

So now we have a little song I think sound better than before.
You may hit me with diffrent opinions, Id like to learn !

.mp3    Lost my way 04 M_S lim.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
This might be the drummer in me, but I think it would be better without the tambourine Dodgy
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thx for this - made me laugh. There are worse ways of telling.
I may make a tambourinefree version just for you and the inside drummer Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
The tambourine is a nice touch just needs softening up and in the background ambience more Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

As ever, I love how you always seem to "do something" to the mix and I think adding an ending to the never ending outro is a great idea.

Overall I like what you did with mix with the exception that i feel the vox are a bit low/distant at times.....and maybe the bass needs a bit more control in the intro as there's a fair bit of resonance on the F around 90hz
Thx for the positive thoughts. I enjoy doing this when time permits.
The 90hz peak may be due to a far from perfect mixin environment.
It is cool and vibey, which I dig, but the tambourine is just a touch too piercing, and the bass does sound a touch uncontrolled. Thanks for the mix! I love the feel of the track as a whole.