Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex the adventurer Flymix
Hey Serg, good work here. First of all, I think your stereo work on this mix is quite good. I'm also digging the brass sound during the build up toward the end... the sound is triumphant; I'm being reminded of The Magnificent Seven riding into battle with Los Banditos Mexicanos. My spanish is limited... I can understand most of Juan's reply but a few words I don't know- enough that I can't add much to his comments Tongue but I enjoyed listening to your mix, and given your 30 minute whirlwind effort, I think it's very good. La mezcla es muy bueno, especialmente para una mezcla de media hora. Something like that? Tongue

As for suggestions, I think the french horn and strings in the intro might be a little bright so maybe a high shelving cut around 4khz or so? Also, there is a bassoon run meant to compliment the piano/xylophone duet that is having a hard time doing it's job because it's a little too quiet in my opinion, although it sounds like you moved that track to the side quite a bit and I think that sounds quite good. And as a matter of personal taste, I think the flute trills right before the final orchestra hit could be a bit louder and the concert bass drum is a little boomy for me, but I'm seeing a lot of people seem to prefer that sound. Maybe give the intro strings and woodwinds a little more EQ tweaking if you want a bit more separation, but it sounds pretty good as it is!

And good work as always with the sense of space. That seems to be a big strength of yours Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Alex the adventurer Flymix - by flyrecords - 13-02-2014, 03:22 AM
RE: Alex the adventurer Flymix - by juanjose1967 - 13-02-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Alex the adventurer Flymix - by pauli - 14-02-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Alex the adventurer Flymix - by flyrecords - 14-02-2014, 03:07 AM
RE: Alex the adventurer Flymix - by pauli - 14-02-2014, 09:38 PM