Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run Run Run
Hmmmm, so I think I might have hit the mark closer to a reggae-rock like 311 than to the sort of roots reggae sound they were going for.

Lots of fighting with EQ... half the parts sound like they were recorded in a padded cell, and the rest sound like the mic was in a suitcase or something... verbs and delays to keep the stereo image wide but cohesive, some automated characterful effects on the lead guitar, and some subtle stereo tweaks in a few spots.

what are your thoughts?

.mp3    Run Run Run-001.mp3 --  (Download: 6.62 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi, Pauli! I think that you made it sound good no matter if it is closer to a reggea standard sound or not. The only thing (and I'm not an expert at all) that I would change was the delay on the lead vocal. I think it doesn't fit much this kind of music, but again, I'm not an expert and it's just a matter of taste... Smile
mixing since April 2013
(06-02-2014, 07:22 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: The only thing (and I'm not an expert at all) that I would change was the delay on the lead vocal. I think it doesn't fit much this kind of music...

Thanks for listening and commenting. My reference for the vocal delay was "amber" by 311, which probably isn't the artistic intent of the band Tongue just something I'm more familiar with.

What is your suggestion? I'll try it out and post the revision so we can take a look side by side and decide what's best.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
As I told you, I'm not an expert but I tell you what I have in mind when I hear reggae music and I hope I don't offend anybody: smoke, darkness and drugs. And it so happens that I found that delay too 'bright' for my mind image. Maybe the solution can be as simple as EQ-ing that delay so it sounds darker.
mixing since April 2013