Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sascha Mix
Hi,

Here's my mix.

Sheers.

.mp3    Sascha_02-01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

A fairly naturalistic impression, this, which means it seems to follow the multitrack's inherent arrangement logic has its own internal logic pretty sensibly. I'd probably take a decibel or two of 500Hz out of the drums, because they feel just a little boxy to me, and a bit of top octave to the guitars would probably help open out the mix overall -- just be careful if you start adding anything to the drums up there that you don't overemphasise the hat, which is already quite in-your-face just by virtue of the nature of the capture.

I think your buss compression is working against you, though, as the 'chorus' sections at 1:37 and 3:00 really seem to fold in on themselves when they hit, which rather undermines the impression of power that I'd like to get at that point in the mix, personally. it might be that you just need to ride the level into the compressor with automation, but it could also easily be that you're trying to use too much of the wrong kind of buss compression -- it somehow sounds too slow and polite a buss compressor for rock. (It also seems to be fighting the mix when the vocals arrive at 4:22.)

Other than that, I'd probably give the bass a bit more say in the overall balance. It feels like it's a bit too restrained somehow.