Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Secretariat Over the Top Jeremias666
Hi, i mixed this pretty fast.

I liked the drummer a lot. I liked the song too, except for the bridge wich i dont like at all.

Cheers.

.mp3    Secretariat -Jeremias666 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.5 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(04-02-2014, 12:22 AM)jeremias666 Wrote: Hi, i mixed this pretty fast.

I liked the drummer a lot. I liked the song too, except for the bridge wich i dont like at all.

Cheers.

Good mix!
I like the vibe

\<.
In general the overall tonality in this mix is great. The respective level of all the instruments is good. The bass sounds awesome!

I feel this mix has too much reverb happening altogether. I felt the snare reverb didn't help the drum ambience at all. While the slapback on everything else sounds good, I feel there's just too much (=loud) of it everywhere. I think this kind of song is about immediateness, not epicness.

The snare sounds surprisingly light. Check your polarity with the overheads.
i agree, i overdid the reverb on the snare and guitars, and the vocal slap is louder than it should.

i flipped the polarity on the snare drum it was out of phase against the overheads, i dont think its specially light, i think its sounding more distant and difuse than i would liked, it lacks some upfront sounding body.. But comparing against your mix yes i agree you could say its light, you made the drums very punchy and fat. I went more for a vintage kinda feel, thats why i overdid the plate reverb on the snare too. i like the breakbeat vibe of the drum intro, i should have automated the reverb. And i wanst satisfied with the snare sound, but i liked the vibe, i tried to hyped but it sounded disconnected.

Maybe the snare ambience sample i used messed with the phase, i will check it.

I am happy that you like the bass sound, as i love the bass sound in your mixes.

Thanks.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.