Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat-Over The Top
Hello!

Here my mix.

Any advice is welcome Wink

All best Smile

.mp3    Secretariat-OverTheTopR1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

You somehow managed to destroy the kick sound. When the rest of the instruments kick in, the kick disappears totally. Also in general I think the raw drum sounds sounded better than the processing you've applied whatsoever. It means you went backwards. Re-evaluate your drum mixing motives and don't process if you feel it's not doing any good for a stem.

All the other instruments sound OK here.
(05-02-2014, 12:59 PM)Spede Wrote: You somehow managed to destroy the kick sound. When the rest of the instruments kick in, the kick disappears totally. Also in general I think the raw drum sounds sounded better than the processing you've applied whatsoever. It means you went backwards. Re-evaluate your drum mixing motives and don't process if you feel it's not doing any good for a stem.

All the other instruments sound OK here.

Thanks Spade!
Really appreciate Wink
I'm gonna look on the issue Smile

All best
Also if you listen hard you will notice now I have pointed it out that the hats
are taking over the whole mix. Its things that we just don't seem to hear even tho they stand out like a sore thumb
Mike pointed that out on one of my mixes and I've never forgotten that but its a very common mistake.
(04-06-2014, 09:16 PM)takka360 Wrote: Also if you listen hard you will notice now I have pointed it out that the hats
are taking over the whole mix. Its things that we just don't seem to hear even tho they stand out like a sore thumb
Mike pointed that out on one of my mixes and I've never forgotten that but its a very common mistake.

Thanks Alan,
I have to look back all the mix but thx for give me some good point were to ear/look ;-)
All best

Jacques