Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat -- 'Over The Top' by bob
Hello,I am new in mixing.Please comment,and give me some advice. I will appreciate it if you tell me what is wrong.Thank You.

.mp3    Secretariat -- \'Over The Top\'.mp3 --  (Download: 4.56 MB)

Drop the hipass filters altogether, they make this mix sound a bit amateurish. Also drop the master bus compressor which gives this mix a very restless sound.
(01-02-2014, 04:36 PM)Spede Wrote: Drop the hipass filters altogether, they make this mix sound a bit amateurish. Also drop the master bus compressor which gives this mix a very restless sound.
Thanks Speedy.
I cut with HP filter at 80 Hz,at the master bus EQ.Only at master bus i have EQ.Do you think Spede,that it's correct?
Maybe I should use EQ inserted on every channel with high pass?What you think?

(01-02-2014, 06:05 PM)bob_rock Wrote: Thanks Speedy.
I cut with HP filter at 80 Hz,at the master bus EQ.Only at master bus i have EQ.Do you think Spede,that it's correct?
Maybe I should use EQ inserted on every channel with high pass?What you think?

Well, I think you should focus on EQ:ing individual tracks for now. It doesn't mean you have hipass everything, I had no hipass filters whatsoever in my own mix. There's nothing wrong EQ:ing the master bus. Lately I've been experimenting with more aggressive tonal shaping in the master bus but that's after I've spent the last 5 years EQ:ing all the individual tracks to blend them together.