Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerghost - HbGuitar Mix
I never thought I'd finish this one. It always felt like the backing track and vocals were battling for space. In the end I decided to let the vocals win. I kept the backing track down and fairly sparse and let the vocals build naturally to the final crescendo - which i think is in keeping with the "Portishead" vibe that this song has.

Thanks for listening. Feedback welcome.

.mp3    SummerGhost_HbGuitar_Mix_01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

For most mixes I heard, I find very strong "s" in male singing, and female main vocal, part "deep in.." ear hurting.. You menage to gentle female singing, but still male "s" is pretty strong.

Overall, I find this mix interesting. I like guitars at begining of 2nd part :-)

(it's strange for me to comment someone else's mix 'cause I still learning, so, what do I know? :-) )
(29-01-2014, 06:53 PM)DLR Wrote: For most mixes I heard, I find very strong "s" in male singing, and female main vocal, part "deep in.." ear hurting.. You menage to gentle female singing, but still male "s" is pretty strong.

Hi DLR, thanks for your comments.

To help with female vox, i cut out multi-tracks for all "deep in.." sections and put EQ notches at 2400 & 4800hz. It doesn't get rid of ear piercing quality but it does help reduce it.

for male vox, i put an EQ notch at 7600hz but i forgot to do it for all tracks so sometimes "s" is stronger than at other times. Again, it didn't get rid of all the "s" but it did help a bit. I think I'll go back and see if i can do any better