Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul-To Sam Rawfers
Hello!

Here my mix. Hope you enjoy Wink

All best

.mp3    Triviul-ToSamRawersR1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

Great mix really enjoyed it.
Well done.
Fine lvls and eq !
I thought I was goin nuts when that synth thing moved back in the room behind my ears, very cool effect !
Also liked the lvl of the bv and the tone of the mix.
Is there a little build up in the 400 department ?
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I think it would be of great value to the forum (especially me Tongue) if you could explain your processing decisions and how you got these results.

How'd you get the bass and the drum loop jiving so well? and how were you able to keep the vocal cutting through all the chaos (organ, noise, backing vox) during the climaxes?

There's a lot to like about this mix and I'd love to hear how you did it, because I'm falling flat.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(28-01-2014, 05:08 PM)pauli Wrote: I think it would be of great value to the forum (especially me Tongue) if you could explain your processing decisions and how you got these results.

How'd you get the bass and the drum loop jiving so well? and how were you able to keep the vocal cutting through all the chaos (organ, noise, backing vox) during the climaxes?

There's a lot to like about this mix and I'd love to hear how you did it, because I'm falling flat.

Hi! Sure i like to share Wink

I started, making levels, then cleaning the tracks as always.
After I was happy with my levels and filtering cleaning I started to emphasize what was already there, like the kalimba I put the virtualizer to get more harmonics and boost the freq I like it most (around 450/500Hz), for organ I just EQ (200Hz low cut) and put a LA-2A (no fx). For the SFX I realize that if I was able to make that ambient FX more interesting, the song take a dimension, so after an EQ, and harmonic exciter and a LA-2A I send it through and Hall reverb with a very long reverb time 12.6 sec and pre-delay at 162 ms (and EQ filtering and compression). All of them goes to my music buss and I paralelo them through an 1176. (not the reverb of course, they go to the FX buss)

So for the drums loop I EQed (39Hz cut, +3dB 50Hz, cut at 315Hz And +3dB at 2k), bitcrusher and multiband compression, all that to my drum buss where I put an API 2500 (1.5ratio, +10 thr, att 30, rel 1.63) and a L2, from aux drum buss go to my drum paralelo with a 1176.
For bass I EQ with a cut at 90Hz and a boost between 100/200Hz, a cut at 315 and also at 710, boost at 2K and also at 12K and 1176 comp (input -9.4, out -18.7, ratio 4, attack 1.95, rel 6.35) then I understand that I was missing the low end so I mult the bass track and put a filter with a low cut at 56Hz and Hight cut at 91Hz, and control it with fader. No paralelo on bass!!!
For drum got also a hall reverb (short) and for bass a room reverb (short), don't forget to EQ and compress itSmile

Vox I realized that the Backing vox were already compressed so I group all of them put EQ and a de-esser and I put a chamber on one aux and a Hall on the other's one (always EQ, reverb, compression), the panning for them (I work on logic) -25/+25,-35/+35 and goes on till -64/+63.
For lead vox I went with a classic work EQ, De-esser, 1176. The reverb for the lead is an hall reverb and also a ping pong delay at 16 note repeat.
All my vox goes to my Vox buss where I paralelo, always with an 1176 compressor.
Also all my reverb/delay are stereo.

2 Buss: SSLComp, Ozone5 (EQ, Reverb, tape emulation), L3

I think is all, probably I miss something but I think you can have fun Wink I think most of the mix it come from the reverb used, the levels (no fader automation on this mix, just 2 note on bass), and parallel compression Wink

All best

Jacques
(28-01-2014, 01:56 PM)Voelund Wrote: Well done.
Fine lvls and eq !
I thought I was goin nuts when that synth thing moved back in the room behind my ears, very cool effect !
Also liked the lvl of the bv and the tone of the mix.
Is there a little build up in the 400 department ?

Thanks Wink

Where you mean the build up? on vox?

All best
(28-01-2014, 12:56 PM)takka360 Wrote: Great mix really enjoyed it.

Thanks Takka Wink

All best