Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch up_Srikar's mix
Hi everyone.

My name is srikar. Im from India.

Just like all of you, Mixing and arrangement is my passion. Looking to pursue it further.

Here's my version of 'Stitch up'..!

Would love you have your critical feedback and comments.

Thank you.

.m4a    Stitch up_Srikar\'s Mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Try a little less compression, it really tends to suck the life and depth out of the song. I like the idea of the vocal delay, but try a shorter time or have it quieter than the lead the vocal because it is a little distracting at the moment. Try panning the guitars to get more of a stereo image. Keep it up!
Thanks a lot for the feedback Jclean17..! I really need it.
I recently got to hear the mix on studio monitors and you are very correct about the lost depth. I felt that myself along with couple of others who heard it. But I dint know why would that happen until now when you said "compression"..! I will definitely re-do the compression.
Also, will work on te panning and delays!! Thanks again.
While I do agree that there is a bitt too much compression going on, I do like how the vocals sit during the hook ("turn around, make a sound..."). It's unexpected, but sits in a seriously cool way Smile

The other big glaring thing is that is sounds like your lead vox are lagging just behind the beat a bit. not sure if it was intentional, but it is a little disjointed feeling Undecided

Keep at it! Big Grin
(25-06-2014, 03:44 AM)20000 Hz Under The Sea Wrote: While I do agree that there is a bitt too much compression going on, I do like how the vocals sit during the hook ("turn around, make a sound..."). It's unexpected, but sits in a seriously cool way Smile

The other big glaring thing is that is sounds like your lead vox are lagging just behind the beat a bit. not sure if it was intentional, but it is a little disjointed feeling Undecided

Keep at it! Big Grin

Hello there..!

Please excuse me for the late reply.. but Thank you very much for the feedback...
The Vocals seeming disjointed has been my serious problem. ;-) I know i have to work on that..!! Big Grin
Thanks again.
Srikar