Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
FACADE MUST LISTEN!!!
First of all, i had a hard time trying to get the original kick track to sound anywhere decent, so i just ended up replacing that kick track with a wayyyy better kick sample sound. It sounds great now! The other thing i had trouble with is that the 4 rhythm guitar tracks seemed out of phase, and so i had to experiment with the guitars and the phasing and levels of each to get it at where it would sound the best in phase. Compression, EQ, and gating were used a lot throughout the whole mix. Gating was especially used on the drum tracks. Compression on the bass, guitars, drums and vocals. And EQ was used on everything pretty much. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Young Griffo - Facade Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 6.39 MB)

New & Improved Mix. Guitar phase issue is mostly resolved and i adjusted a few more things too. hope you like it!

.mp3    Young Griffo - Facade Remixed & Guitars Fixed.mp3 --  (Download: 6.39 MB)

Hi and welcome to the fun.
May I suggest you read the three commandments and especially this:

If you want to receive constructive criticism, then give constructive criticism.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
It seems like it's only one guitar track that has been reamped 2 times with two different mics. So Phase issues are absolutely normal because it is the same track with just 4 different sounds. I had a really hard time to make the guitars sound full and massive in the chorus and was close to record a second guitar track msyelf just to get the guitars in chorus where they should be.

i read the three commandments and I have tried everything in my power to try and fix this phasing issue. I really want to record another guitar track just to make it stereo but i wish i knew how to play the guitar as well as you could, Blitzzz. maybe i could learn it and cut another rhythm track and problem will be solved. i may upload a new version once i try to fix it.
I decided to record a new guitar rhythm track to solve the problem of the phasing issue, ans surprisingly it worked very well. Take a listen. I kinda remixed the whole song as well while I was at it.

.mp3    Young Griffo - Facade New Guitar Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.39 MB)

Hey Eman !

Welcome here !
You're absolutely right, it's much better with another recorded track. They should have retracked another guitar, it would have been much easier for us. But it's good sometimes to get tough mix to do Smile

Your mix is well balanced, but I can hear some distortion, especially on drums. Not to mention the backing vocals at the end Wink I guess that's what you wanted ?
I find the drums a bit too much aggressive. Very good for metal music, but not really my taste here.

Vocals sounds great, very crisp and clear !

So good job here !