Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imaculate
Interesting song !

.mp3    Imaculate.mp3 --  (Download: 4.5 MB)

Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com
Hi,

There's a lot to like about your mix. The bass, guitars, piano and vocals all balance nicely together. I think that the drums need a bit more work to fit in the balance. For example, there is virtually no kick-drum coming through the low end and maybe a bit too much cymbal up top. The vocals in the last section seem to lose clarity at 3.22', dropping in and out a bit until the end.

Did you add a lot of compression somewhere? either the stereo bus or drums? The stereo file looks very squashed. This may explain some of the imbalance.
(07-02-2014, 07:48 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hi,

There's a lot to like about your mix. The bass, guitars, piano and vocals all balance nicely together. I think that the drums need a bit more work to fit in the balance. For example, there is virtually no kick-drum coming through the low end and maybe a bit too much cymbal up top. The vocals in the last section seem to lose clarity at 3.22', dropping in and out a bit until the end.

Did you add a lot of compression somewhere? either the stereo bus or drums? The stereo file looks very squashed. This may explain some of the imbalance.

Thank you so much for your comment and advice. I don't remember much about what I did to the mix except that I used "Vocal Rider Plugin" to the vocals and I did compress the master Bus. Maybe I will download the file again and re-mix keeping in mind your suggestions. Thank you again and Be Blessed.
Luis.
Luis Domingo Diaz
Cell (847) 951-5620
[email protected]
www.luisdiazmusic.com