Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise Up Singing - HbGuitar
I absolutely loved the lead guitar track for this one. I had to resist every urge to just crank it up and the vocals be damned!

After 30 mins of air guitaring, sanity returned and I managed to dial it back a bit - although i do let it pop-up whenever the vocals dip out.

Thanks for listening

.mp3    RiseUpSinging_Mix_01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

hI hB
Very Nice awesome balance on the music, for me just needs vocals a little more upfront/power and maybe just a little more drive to it . Not sure if thats a bit more bass to pump it or losing a bit of headroom driving the limiters a touch only. Definaltely enjoyed listening to it ,one of the better mixes i have heard on this

Keep on Rockin MB
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
hey MB,

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it. Just listened to the mix again, and added 2 db to the bass track.....sounded great.

So I decided to dust off the project and make some small adjustments - the main ones being a slight boost to both bass and vocal tracks

New version - Mix_02 attached

Cheers

HB

.mp3    RiseUpSinging_Mix_02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

Hello HbGuitar! Nice job here! You have done a very good and clear vocal sound with this very sweet room on the background. I really liked it! The only suggest for improvement, maybe if you could make more definite your kick. I can't hear it clear on my monitors because your bass has so much energy. What if you try to give a boost around 8khz and 50hz to your kick and cut those frequencies to your bass guitar plus a side chain compression to your bass with 2db gain reduction every time your kick appears? And also try to keep your bass guitar 2-3db lower, if you agree with my point of view, because it's all about your taste man! Smile
(24-05-2014, 11:58 AM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello HbGuitar! Nice job here! You have done a very good and clear vocal sound with this very sweet room on the background. I really liked it! The only suggest for improvement, maybe if you could make more definite your kick. I can't hear it clear on my monitors because your bass has so much energy. What if you try to give a boost around 8khz and 50hz to your kick and cut those frequencies to your bass guitar plus a side chain compression to your bass with 2db gain reduction every time your kick appears? And also try to keep your bass guitar 2-3db lower, if you agree with my point of view, because it's all about your taste man! Smile
hey Andreas....thanks for your commentsSmile

I was actually thinking about using side chain compression on a bass/kick combo problem I'm having on another project...so your comment is very timely....Its not something I've tried before...maybe now is the time to learn how to use it..cheersBig Grin