Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jokers, Jacks & Kings_Sea of Leaves TChianti Mix
Admittedly the mix is over the top. But the energy of the track just swept me and my mix away. Great work all around on this song by all involved.

TC

.m4a    Joker Jacks Kings Sea of Leaves TChianti Mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

Some interesting ideas, for instance the megaphone shoutin voice, the very dry choruses.
A few things stick out and distract me though, The hihat for one is very loud, maybe you have a big boost eq in hiend ? if so lowering that may balance it better. The snare could have little more meat (loend)
The answering guitar ( the one playing intro) drowns a bit when it reappears later in song.
I think what youve done is boosting many things to great lvl and clarity and left some (the guitar mentioned for one) at more natural lvl, thus makin a mix focused and very clear in hihat, voice and bv department and thus makin some other elements small.
I like the interesting arrangement things youve done, megaphone, dry choruses, and looking into either helpin some elements less or helpin all elements more equal would balance things for me.
Thank you for the interestin listen
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(15-01-2014, 01:00 PM)Voelund Wrote: Some interesting ideas, for instance the megaphone shoutin voice, the very dry choruses.
A few things stick out and distract me though, The hihat for one is very loud, maybe you have a big boost eq in hiend ? if so lowering that may balance it better. The snare could have little more meat (loend)
The answering guitar ( the one playing intro) drowns a bit when it reappears later in song.
I think what youve done is boosting many things to great lvl and clarity and left some (the guitar mentioned for one) at more natural lvl, thus makin a mix focused and very clear in hihat, voice and bv department and thus makin some other elements small.
I like the interesting arrangement things youve done, megaphone, dry choruses, and looking into either helpin some elements less or helpin all elements more equal would balance things for me.
Thank you for the interestin listen
Thanks for the listen Smile.
This was a straight pass. Probably a little automation would make us both happier with the mix. I didn't realize that the snare was on the thin side until you mentioned it, that will change. The hi-hats I think were carried over and there is some bleeding going on there.

I really appreciate your taking the time for the critical listen. Much thanks. Smile

TC
Just another thought: If the snare track contains a lot o bleed from the hihat its possible to deess it with a frequency chosen to fit the hat,, sidechaiend from the hihat track, so you better can control the hat.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(15-01-2014, 03:38 PM)Voelund Wrote: Just another thought: If the snare track contains a lot o bleed from the hihat its possible to deess it with a frequency chosen to fit the hat,, sidechaiend from the hihat track, so you better can control the hat.

Excellent idea. Thanks. Smile

TC
Im just the one passin it on, wish the idea were mine though Big Grin
Mostly it sounds like an Actual Song - that's a Big Win

I cant comment on the splash or ride they do SEEM loud( Serious 9_10K) but Im on a craptop with the worlds worst speakers

A compressor is squashing the Bridge and refrain
a lil automation would dial this mix right in

+1 on the megaphone

Peace;
Annon
(16-01-2014, 06:17 PM)@nnon Wrote: Mostly it sounds like an Actual Song - that's a Big Win

I cant comment on the splash or ride they do SEEM loud( Serious 9_10K) but Im on a craptop with the worlds worst speakers

A compressor is squashing the Bridge and refrain
a lil automation would dial this mix right in

+1 on the megaphone

Peace;
Annon

Thanks for the win Big Grin

Spot on with the automation.

Thanks

TC