Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic Experiment "Once More W/Feeling TChianti Mix
Every once in a while you reach a point in a mix where another set of qualified ears are needed. I believe I am at that point. (Insert comments, opinions and suggestions here) Smile

This is a big track. I love it.

Thanks in advance,

TC

.m4a    Traffic Experiment Once More W_.m4a --  (Download: 16.1 MB)

Mixin this one at mo and took a break listenin to your version.
You are way more bold with compressor and limiter thershholds than i am, and that disturbs my ears a bit - especially the limiter, as it makes some not very musical dips o lvl.

That said I really like your vocal and bv.
Many places your heavy compression actually makes it sound quite interesting adding a new dimension to it.
Especially the piano sounds great at times.

I spent a lot o time levelin bv on a single auratonelike speaker, I think you could do with spendin some similar time, that is if you didnt allready and deliberatley choose some of the (to me) less important ones to be louder than others.

The verse small/chorus big could use a bit lookin into too, as is all parts of the song speak to me in same lvl, and I guess you know how easily attention drops, listnin to a person speakin in the same tone, same lvl all the time. Many english voices are very good at makin interest simply by makin diffrent tone and lvl and speed in a sentence. My theory is that observation can be used mixin music too - so just turnin some faders down a dB in verses make a huge difrence. At least thats what my ears tell me.

And you are right its a big track, the huge number of bv are due to the trackin though and as they come in blocks its not like 20 voices sing same time and very handy for havin more control over the individual elements.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(03-02-2014, 02:07 PM)Voelund Wrote: Mixin this one at mo and took a break listenin to your version.
You are way more bold with compressor and limiter thershholds than i am, and that disturbs my ears a bit - especially the limiter, as it makes some not very musical dips o lvl.

That said I really like your vocal and bv.
Many places your heavy compression actually makes it sound quite interesting adding a new dimension to it.
Especially the piano sounds great at times.

I spent a lot o time levelin bv on a single auratonelike speaker, I think you could do with spendin some similar time, that is if you didnt allready and deliberatley choose some of the (to me) less important ones to be louder than others.

The verse small/chorus big could use a bit lookin into too, as is all parts of the song speak to me in same lvl, and I guess you know how easily attention drops, listnin to a person speakin in the same tone, same lvl all the time. Many english voices are very good at makin interest simply by makin diffrent tone and lvl and speed in a sentence. My theory is that observation can be used mixin music too - so just turnin some faders down a dB in verses make a huge difrence. At least thats what my ears tell me.

And you are right its a big track, the huge number of bv are due to the trackin though and as they come in blocks its not like 20 voices sing same time and very handy for havin more control over the individual elements.

Alas, this mix was lost due to the computer crash and lose of two drives during the beginning of the year.

The good news is I now have your "qualified ears" to remind me not to hit the compressors too hard and to use some automation in the mix.

I usually do 'Static" passes and set the levels the best I can and use the compressors to do their thing to maintain order in the ranks. Maybe it's time to change.

As always I appreciate the time you take to listen and comment. Smile

Time to get a pair of "awful-tones" or at least hook up the trusty NS10's That I haven't had the time to do.

Thanks again, much to consider. Smile

TC