Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby mix 1
Hello guys, this is my first upload here! please give me some advice and feedback on this mix, i would greatly appreciated it.

-danni

.mp3    BOBBY NOBODY MIX 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

Hello highlife. Overall I'd say that's an excellent mix. This song is a really tricky one, and I've heard pretty much fifty interpretations in mixes here. Yours ranks in the top.

Only three little things really, if I had to offer suggestions, and really, these are personal taste more than actual technical mix issues.

1. The drums are well mixed, but in some parts (like at 2:30 approx.), the kick gets to be a bit much. It is a fine line thing throughout, but seems at some times to just have too much punch in the high mid range. I found myself paying more and more attention to it as the song went along, and normally I'd expect just the opposite.

2. One of the guitars appears panned hard right, during the verses, and it distracted me a bit. It is loud enough to stand out anywhere in the stereo field, and to my ears just seems like it would be better placed at maybe a 2:00ish position, blending its power into things more rather than being an utterly distinct and noticeable component.

3. The third thing struck me in the first chorus, but not so much in the second: The guitars didn't seem to have enough power compared to the song before, however I think this might be more related to the kick drum issue I mentioned sorta throwing the balance to my ears off a bit.

Great job as a whole! Really tight and punchy. Besides the first two things above, nothing yanked me out of the mix at all, and the point of the song seemed very intact.

Grizzy
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

(14-01-2014, 05:15 AM)grizwalter Wrote: Hello highlife. Overall I'd say that's an excellent mix. This song is a really tricky one, and I've heard pretty much fifty interpretations in mixes here. Yours ranks in the top.

Only three little things really, if I had to offer suggestions, and really, these are personal taste more than actual technical mix issues.

1. The drums are well mixed, but in some parts (like at 2:30 approx.), the kick gets to be a bit much. It is a fine line thing throughout, but seems at some times to just have too much punch in the high mid range. I found myself paying more and more attention to it as the song went along, and normally I'd expect just the opposite.

2. One of the guitars appears panned hard right, during the verses, and it distracted me a bit. It is loud enough to stand out anywhere in the stereo field, and to my ears just seems like it would be better placed at maybe a 2:00ish position, blending its power into things more rather than being an utterly distinct and noticeable component.

3. The third thing struck me in the first chorus, but not so much in the second: The guitars didn't seem to have enough power compared to the song before, however I think this might be more related to the kick drum issue I mentioned sorta throwing the balance to my ears off a bit.

Great job as a whole! Really tight and punchy. Besides the first two things above, nothing yanked me out of the mix at all, and the point of the song seemed very intact.

Grizzy

hey grizzy i agreed that the chorus doesnt have enough power and thank you for showing me on the part 2:30. i noticed the kick gets too loud.

thanks for you constructive feedback, i really appreciated it!

danni