Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations (Short Version)
Hi guys,

I've been taking a break from "Whisper to a scream" and I mixed this beautiful song.

Ok, I'm gonna grow mustaches and buy a Ford Grand Torino Big GrinBig Grin

Andrea

.mp3    RevelationsMix.mp3 --  (Download: 582.17 KB)

(13-01-2014, 12:01 PM)rebu90 Wrote: I've been taking a break from "Whisper to a scream" and I mixed this beautiful song.

Ooh, this is off to a good start! Hard to tell how the whole thing's gonna turn out from such a short sample but from what I'm hearing here I like the direction you're going. You've brightened up the material a little but not enough to spoil the feel, you gave the instruments a nice wide stereo spread and I LOVE that reverb you're using on the lead vocal; it just makes me picture these guys practicing in their garage (and I love that kind of raw, honest sound Wink).

I look forward to hearing your completed mix. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Hey! Thanks a lot! Yes i would have liked to make more or less this kind of image (maybe in another room of the house Big Grin).

On the lead vocal i put a short room reverb, played a bit with the predelay of it and a really tight delay (70-80ms).
I brightened it up a little bit adding parallel distortion and using eq (on the main vocal channel).

Unfortunately, I caught a cold and I'm not mixing in these days Sad

But I will on them soon!

Andrea