Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel Saint - Sat Night Mix
Hi lowstring,

Whoa -- there's another bold vision! You've taken things miles away from my initial idea, which weirds me out a bit, but I probably just need to reprogram my expectations there! I've lived with the original version of this song for the best part of 10 years, after all...

The idea of thinning out the verses is a strong one, though, and you've certainly be bold about it. I do wonder, though, whether you could make more of this by really giving the bass a fuller low end on the choruses. It still feels a bit constricted at the low end even at those points.

Lovely to hear someone making real capital out of the viola solo. Great borderline break-up distortion on it too. Gives it a whole new character that I never thought I'd hear out of that line. Good work there! Not sure about the stereo treatment on the bass there, though -- it's a really important line for the music there, and I'm worried it might get a bit lost to mono-incompatibility on smaller playback systems.

One final thing -- there's some kind of low pitched tone you've added somehow in the first chorus that clashes with the harmonies for me. The harmonies are quite involved in this song, so it's probably better to keep them unambiguous, I'd say. It's tricky enough convincing the listener of their logic as it is! Smile

Thanks for broadening my mind!

Messages In This Thread
Angel Saint - Sat Night Mix - by lowstring - 12-01-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Angel Saint - Sat Night Mix - by Mike Senior - 13-01-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: Angel Saint - Sat Night Mix - by lowstring - 17-01-2014, 04:01 AM
RE: Angel Saint - Sat Night Mix - by kostas - 01-03-2014, 11:35 AM