Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Leaf, Come Around -- Radiohead Inspired Remix
I kinda like this tune, but thought it needed a little bit of Radiohead insanity to bring it home.

Hope it worked! lol

Grizzy

.mp3    Leaf2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Love the smashed drums! I think you nailed the Radiohead thing. I wish it had more low end energy though.
(24-01-2014, 01:34 AM)ridgybeatle Wrote: Love the smashed drums! I think you nailed the Radiohead thing. I wish it had more low end energy though.

Thanks ridgybeatle for the kind words and the feedback! And thanks for the comment on the low end. I'll have to take another listen. Do you have a mix of this song which you have tested out on multiple systems (car, small stereo, big stereo, etc.)? The reason I ask is that I got new near field monitors a while back, and I am absolutely in love with the things. However, I am still getting used to the low end representation from these suckers (Rokit 8s). Generally speaking, when comparing to reference stuff, I nail the bottom just fine, but as is always the case, even in the commercial release world of mixes, the spectrum is pretty broad. So far with these monitors I've come to think that I should pay specific attention to not overdoing anything below around 125 Hz. I need to be able to feel that part of things and know its there, but not have it stand out in these speakers. Maybe I'm worrying too much about that though and could be a little less conservative.

Anyway, if you have a mix that you have tested out on multiple end-user systems, and which you think is balanced well, I'd love to check it out on my monitors.

Thanks again sir!

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

I love those drums!!! And the delay on the Vox is really tasteful..
"Anything too dumb to be spoken should be sung" Know your bones - aKing
Thank you very much Nep5! Glad you liked it.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]