Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who I Am Flymix

Here is my mix of Uncle Dad, I hope my friends in Nashville are not angry about this ...
Hope you like my first mix of this style, reminded me a lot to the music of the Dukes of Hazzard.
from Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Who I Am.mp3 --  (Download: 5.62 MB)

Vocal sounds great, which is crucial for this style. My only suggestion would be to tone the toms down a bit and perhaps pan them a bit softer.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(06-01-2014, 05:46 PM)bmullen Wrote: Vocal sounds great, which is crucial for this style. My only suggestion would be to tone the toms down a bit and perhaps pan them a bit softer.

Thanks Bob!!! happy new year!!

Sergio
pretty good, serg! sounds like you might have a bit of country blood in your veins Tongue you could give the dobro and fiddle more body in the midrange and trim the volume on the drum fills (drums aren't too important in this style) but honestly, it sounds great how it is. sounds a lot better than the overcompressed schlocky country that comes on the radio for sure!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(08-01-2014, 07:00 AM)pauli Wrote: pretty good, serg! sounds like you might have a bit of country blood in your veins Tongue you could give the dobro and fiddle more body in the midrange and trim the volume on the drum fills (drums aren't too important in this style) but honestly, it sounds great how it is. sounds a lot better than the overcompressed schlocky country that comes on the radio for sure!

Thanks so much Pauli!!!