Poll: Please Rate This Mix
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10 - Excellent
0%
0 0%
33.33%
1 33.33%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
66.67%
2 66.67%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
1 - Terrible
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Uncle Dad - Who I Am
Sounds very natural and open to me.
Overal great sound.
My personal preference suggests turnin down the piano or cut more lo frequencies from it, the way its played its role is of a more supportive character and as such it lives better under the other instruments. Same with bv, it sounds fine, but it overpowers the lead vocal and Im told nobodys louder than the country singer Big Grin

I agree the hat masks a bit for stringed instruments in chorus, a workaround could be turn whole drumbus down a dB or 2, the way he plays reflects the verse/chorus intensity and I dont mind hearin the drums a bit behind evrything else in verses. Im told they didnt allow drums at all first many years of Grand Ole Opry Big Grin
That solution will also call for a little more verb to drums, I wouldnt mind hearin just a bit more.

That said I think the enthusiasm youve showed in all the feedback posted and the few fine mixes Ive heard from you makes it even more appropiate to repeat: welcome to the site, I think we all will benefit from this.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Uncle Dad - Who I Am - by Voelund - 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM