Poll: Please Rate This Mix
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10 - Excellent
0%
0 0%
33.33%
1 33.33%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
66.67%
2 66.67%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
1 - Terrible
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Uncle Dad - Who I Am
Sounds great to me. I like the concept "don't fix it if there's nothing to fix". You have clearly realized that these telefunken tracks don't have too many problems to fix.

Sounds to me that you're making great mixes and you're capable of giving detailed comments. And that's what we need here in this forum, so that we can make each other better mixers. So wellcome to the forum.

Here's some small details that I might try do differently. (But it doesn't mean that it would become any better.)

Vocal sound is great as such, but as this is very vocal driven song, personally I would like to hear even more greatness in it. Maybe some short plate to tie syllables together, or some automated eqs to some instruments to give more space to the singer voice.

Groove is great already, but some natural tail to the snare could make the groove slightly smoother and better. Now it feels to me that each snare hit is like a small street bump on the road.

In chorus the hi-hats masks slightly the string instruments (banjo, guitar, mandolin).

Some fills come quite loud. For example 0:44.

Those are just minor details. Great mix! I like it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Uncle Dad - Who I Am - by Olli H - 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM