Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Dad- who I am
Here is my mix,
Spent a quite o lot of time on it. Eventually I went back to one of the first mixes I done. I wish I could go back and back off a bit of the reverb on it back I didn't save it properly. No I give up subsequent mixes of mine are just getting worse.

Thanks for listening
Please comment if you got time

Cheers
Juraj

.mp3    UNCLE DAD Who I am mix 5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

This is a really good mix!
Oh, thanks man. I feel like it may be a bit too wet, the bass could be better ( well everything could be... I guess). The cymbals fighting with the top of the string instruments a bit. The piano - I didn't find the best place for it. But I was quite happy myself. I guess this is the best I can do.
Thanks for your comment. Cheers
What does your mix setup consist of? Do you mix ITB? Speakers, outboards?
ITB, adam x7 speakers, not the best room, I had some outboard compressors (distressor, sta level, stc-8, TL audio 5021) in the past but sold them all to help me finance my preamps and mics, I focus more on recording then mixing. I don't think I have used any hardware compressor on this track. I also realize that having a hardware compressor it's great think if I can't do a decent mix with only plugins then having hardware comps/eqs won't make it sound better. Also I got RME UFX, and apogee symphony I/o. How about yourself? What is your setup?
(18-07-2014, 10:36 PM)Juraj Wrote: ITB, adam x7 speakers, not the best room, I had some outboard compressors (distressor, sta level, stc-8, TL audio 5021) in the past but sold them all to help me finance my preamps and mics, I focus more on recording then mixing. I don't think I have used any hardware compressor on this track. I also realize that having a hardware compressor it's great think if I can't do a decent mix with only plugins then having hardware comps/eqs won't make it sound better. Also I got RME UFX, and apogee symphony I/o. How about yourself? What is your setup?

Cool!

Mainly ITB myself. Opted for the UAD2 PCI. And this is my girly rack:

[Image: Rack-Night.jpg]

Monitors are KRK V8's. Mac pro as you see and the DAW is Logic. Smile As I see it I use the equipment 95% of the time. Anything that don't get used I just sell... Smile
Bricasti M7, nice you gearslut ;-) Where are you based?
Ha ha, I am... and I am in Sweden. Smile U?
Cool, London here ;-)