Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea of leaves - Voelund
I went for a drumsound with lots o snare n kick, actually so much I had to turn the snare down, that was 04 :-)

Not much goin on under the hood, a bit o sidechained comp on bas(from kick) and a little on guitar fill (from voice) where it play along with voice.
heavy removal of lo freq on lead vox and bv are edited lots, timed and tuned a bit.

I made a dark pad track for choruses.

Had 2 guitar busses with theirown eq, to help separate them even more than channel eq did.

Im quite happy with the result, but who knows how it translates to your speakers and ears Big Grin

.mp3    Sea of leaves 04a lim.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
notice one guitar track is very loud over the rest and the rest of the mix well it sounds like iam sick o yea iam so not much help for you sorry but will take a listen to when I can hear if that ever happens
Dang its a shame meters wont show what we hear. Yet Big Grin
Hope you get better soon !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I really like your mix. It is a much more subtle approach than mine.

As usual a very clear and dynamic mix. Smile

TC
Thank you for the positive response. I liked this song a lot and that really helps makin mixin decisions Big Grin
(15-01-2014, 12:45 PM)Voelund Wrote: Thank you for the positive response. I liked this song a lot and that really helps makin mixin decisions Big Grin

Liking a track makes the mixing much easier. Smile

TC
Very nice!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I like the vocals much, much, much better than mine!!! I always like your mixes, but this one in my opinion has been one of the best ones! :-)
mixing since April 2013
(15-01-2014, 08:08 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: I like the vocals much, much, much better than mine!!! I always like your mixes, but this one in my opinion has been one of the best ones! :-)

Thank you ! Appreciated