Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jokers, Jacks & Kings: Sea Of Leaves
My first mix of the year... well, in fact I started a few years ago, but it's now when I consider it finished.

I couldn't achieve a good kick sound, so I used a drum trigger instead. The rest is all original Big Grin

.mp3    Jokers, Jacks & Kings - Sea Of Leaves.mp3 --  (Download: 4.32 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Nice mix !
Just a touch Less reverb for my taste !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I like to make everybody happy, so here it is with less reverb Big Grin Thanks, Don!

.mp3    Jokers, Jacks & Kings - Sea Of Leaves(2).mp3 --  (Download: 4.32 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Nice job ,now i have to fix and finish my mix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds great. The drums could be a tad higher or guitars a tad down.
But I will rather hear it on my speakers to be sure. Like the dirty eq on guitars.
Sounds like a fun song to mix.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I understand your mix much better listnin on speakers.
It sounds great played loud. Only the drums kinda disappear at lower volume.
But its rock so who cares :-) Play it loud !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Buena mezcla Juanjose!! veo que ya te estas animando a hacer otras cosas con el estereo!! me gusta mucho eso!!!

Voy a intentar mezclar este tema tambien a ver como me sale!!

Feliz Año!!!

saludos desde argentina!!

Sergio
Niels: I'm happy that you like it so much! I've been trying new techniques I've been recently learning on youtube and that have paid off by listening to the final result. So I'm happy too!!

Sergio: estoy deseando oir tu mezcla. Es un tema muy interesante y como ves, da muchas satisfacciones. Feliz año!!!
mixing since April 2013
Very nice Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
The vocals, guitars, and synths sound really good, especially the pad.. I like the ambient nature you've given it. Having said that, I think it's still a little thick with reverb, so I think a delay might be the way to go, or maybe dip the verbs lower and keep the tail really short.

I like the idea of triggering the kick drum. The two mics are slightly out of time with eachother, so there's a phase misalignment that sorta weakens their power. If fiddling with the timing isn't your thing, then a trigger is a good idea, but I think you should reconsider your sample because it's drowning the mix in sub-bass in a way that's not usual for the style.

Otherwise, the balance is great and the sonics are great... just the verbs and the kick drum sample are hurting the blend a little (for my taste)
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!