Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerghost
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Summerghost.mp3 --  (Download: 8.23 MB)

.mp3    Summerghost Final.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
The balance is good.

I dont like that drum room sound much.

The lead vocal feels a little dry against the roomy drums.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
I really enjoyed this mix. The vocals especially were very nice and i liked the slow build to crescendo in 2nd part.

For mine, i would like to hear a little more kick drum plus i think the cymbals are a tad loud around the middle part of the song. Overall a very nice mix
Hey b,
I really like the sound you achieved here. I would do with less cymbals (esp. in the beginning) and broaden the vocals out a bit though. I do love the sound you were able to get from the drums. At the end was the only place I found myself swimming a bit. There were some of the vocals that were right on the fringe that never got above the water, and I didn't feel a solid cohesiveness between the vocals that were floating out front. Aside from that - great sound and a good balance. Nice Job!
Thanks for the input. I may come back to this one and work on it some more, especially the vocals.
Here it is with some delays added to some of the vocal tracks along with some adjustments to the panning and levels of mostly the vocals.

.mp3    Summerghost 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

Hello

Nice mix.
The guitar 1 could have a small presence boost.
That male backing vocal could also use more presence with eq to bring it closer to the female. But that can be mixing choice also.
I don't like that fade out at the end. Somehow it just doesn't sound right to me but I can't say why.
Little mysteries of life Wink
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Hi Bmullen,

ill try giving some i/ps .

snare sounds a bit thin imo.

the guitar are also bit too upfront

the mix sounds a tad fatiguing and harsh. too much 4k in the rhythm strum guitars.

also the hats are a bit overhyped.let me know if you agree with me.

i would do away with hi passing too many instruments and focus on particular freqs instead.

Regards,
Blue Bus.