Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much too much - voelund
Had fun mixin this today, a one hour session to familiarise me with the tracks, colour coding basic eq, pan and lvl.
Did some automation to voice, horns and tweaked the piano bas and guitar eq some more.
Really didnt do much. Moved 2 baps in scat solo
Used the room tracks a lot and aimed for no audible compression, a lot is goin on in stabs when w´she sings, so voice is audible. Wanted to set vocal lower but it wouldnt be heard all through then ...
Bas might be 2 heavy round 150-200, I made a hole round 300 but I hear now it should have been lower.

Happy new year to all and thanks for all the inspiration in this one.

keep smilin Big Grin

.mp3    Much too much lim.mp3 --  (Download: 10.13 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice warm and smooth sounding mix !

Happy New year Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Very nice mix, horns sound nice,vox spot on .
Happy new year.
great balance, man! especially the rhythm section, that was hard for me to bring into balance without losing the horns. think I'll download this and reference mine against it to see what improvements I can make.

vocals sound nice and warm and the horns have great separation... awesome work containing the bleed through!

happy new year, keep up te good work
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Very nice!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Sounds nice and natural to me. Maybe something with the bass as you mentioned.
Thank you all, the voice were indeed the hardest part to make fit. It could be worked a bit more on ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
it sounds great, Niels! good job!
mixing since April 2013
Nice balance but i think that some times the horns become muddy according the drums end especially with the snare. But the coclusion is that you made good jod. I also liked the piano.
Thx for the feedback !
I agree my mix of this do not favor the drums. I deliberately put them behind as I find them to be of a more supportive role than the horns. I heard Dags mix of this and he did wonders to it. I choose the easy way, he really worked hard to get the drums to be heard.