Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Summerghost
I wanted to finish the year mixing a song from Leaf, the group that I chose here in the forum to start applying what I had learned in Mike Senior's book back in April. So I'm finishing my mixing year just as I started it!

I only hope that this time it sounds better than my first mix!!! Big Grin

Thank you in advance for your comments!!

.mp3    Leaf - Summerghost.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds almost like a record to me - I like it.
Only suggestion is look into cymbals and hat, makin them sweeter. It would suit the beautiful song.
I think you have come a long way in this short time. Well done.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Very nice Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I'm glad you liked it! in fact, this is my first mix using my brand new Sennheiser HD 600 headphones that Olli told me about and that I got for Christmas. So I think it's been a very nice present :-)

It's difficult here to change the cymbals and hats because all the drums come together in a single track... but I will try to figure out how to do it... I like challenges!!

Thanks for the encouraging words! you guys are the greatests!!!
mixing since April 2013
In that case simply inserting a comp on the track, sidechained from a copy of the drumtrack (dont feed that to 2 bus ! ) with a narrow boost somewhere 7-10 k and experimenting with threshhold and frequencies, would be my starting point.
But I could be wrong and the hard frequencies lower Big Grin
Or sacrifice topend of drums a little, givin the opposite eq to drumbus. Maybe combined with a broad boost around 12 k
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I've added a multiband compressor and I've lowered the hats and cymbals volume a little bit. I've also added some slight warmth to them. So I hope that this is better than before Smile

.mp3    Leaf - Summerghost(2).mp3 --  (Download: 5.06 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds great !!!!!! I like it Big Grin !
Have a happy new year !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks, Don!! happy new year!!!
mixing since April 2013