Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyndsey Ollard - Catching Up (APZX Mix)
This was actually quite a bit of fun to mix. Great sounding recording with a few overly noisey tracks, but some denoising sorted that out.

My basic approach was pretty simple and that was to get that crescendo to sound a bit big. I may have overdone the HF a little too much in this, probably did honestly. Another thing I made a little harder on myself than I should have was the incorporation of the different vocal takes. I decided to use them all at one point or another. At any given time when the vocal is playing there at least 2 other hard panned versions. Due to the different takes sounding similar yet very very different at points it creates an almost ghostly type effect. Which was kind of neat though I feel it might actually take away, but I do like it. The other big thing I did was denoising on a few of guitar tracks because I felt it was too distracting and could not get satisfactory results with a simple gate.

.mp3    Lyndsey Ollard - Catching Up (APZX Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.96 MB)

The vocal doubling doesn't work for me. As you pointed out, with the phrasing being different on each take they just clash and sound distracting to me.

Otherwise a nice sounding mix.