Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Catching up - Jamolir Mix
Hey guys,

My take on this great song. Somewhat sparse in the arrangement but I did what I thought was right.

Have a listen and give me your thoughts. Smile

Cheers,
Marcus

.mp3    Catching Up - Jamolir - Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Very nice. The only thing I'm noticing is a lack of presence of the acoustics in the chorus which seem to fill in the arrangement a bit.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hey bmullen,

You might have a very valid point there. Get some more "meat" with the acoustics. Great tip! Thanx!

Cheers,
M
Sounds great, love the drums sound especially the snare, the bass sounds great and translating nice on smaller monitors !
The electric guitars sound a touch upfront in the 2-4k area to my ears it could be my monitors Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Definitely digging the drums. They sound great! Though I think you turned the hats up a bit too much personally. Nice bass sound as well. Not a huge fan of the vocal personally, sounds too dry. The other thing I noticed was the amount of extraneous noise on a few of the guitar tracks. Not really noticeable during the busier parts, but definitely there when it really should not as it detracts IMO. Good sounding mix though, those drums are really quite banging.

Thanx guys!

Here is an updated version!

Cheers,
M

.m4a    Catching up - Lyndsey Ollard - Jamolir Mix - MP3.m4a --  (Download: 7.13 MB)

Version 2 sounds well balanced Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-12-2013, 08:54 AM)thedon Wrote: Version 2 sounds well balanced Big Grin !

Thanx man! Big Grin

Great sounding mix. I like the vocals
(30-12-2013, 12:54 PM)sano Wrote: Great sounding mix. I like the vocals

Thank you so much! Smile

Cheers,
M