Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindsay Ollard Catching Up TC Mic
I've tried to do something very different.

Hope you like this interpretation.

First try

TC

.mp3    LindsyOllad Catching Up TChianti Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Hey TC,

It dosen´t work for me, I´m sorry.. This song requires a delicate touch not FX and compression that overshadows the whole song. It sounds like you hail from the EDM type of music? I think the most critical thing about mixing is too be very sensitive to genres. We have them for a reason. I´m not saying it´s wrong to incorporate subtle things into a mix from another genre, it can actually get you the gig instead of the other guy but you have to learn how to mix all genres before you can do that.

Get rid of the compression you have, it kills all the dynamic of the song. Back of 50% of that FX on the guitar and you have a mix that honors the genre and still introduces something new. You don´t have to invent the wheel again.

Please take this the right way. I only write this to help you make good mixing decisions. We are all beginners at some point and I would have done anything for a site like this when I started out. We all want to help each other.

Cheers,
Marcus
(27-12-2013, 09:01 AM)Jamolir Wrote: Hey TC,

It dosen´t work for me, I´m sorry.. This song requires a delicate touch not FX and compression that overshadows the whole song. It sounds like you hail from the EDM type of music? I think the most critical thing about mixing is too be very sensitive to genres. We have them for a reason. I´m not saying it´s wrong to incorporate subtle things into a mix from another genre, it can actually get you the gig instead of the other guy but you have to learn how to mix all genres before you can do that.

Get rid of the compression you have, it kills all the dynamic of the song. Back of 50% of that FX on the guitar and you have a mix that honors the genre and still introduces something new. You don´t have to invent the wheel again.

Please take this the right way. I only write this to help you make good mixing decisions. We are all beginners at some point and I would have done anything for a site like this when I started out. We all want to help each other.

Cheers,
Marcus

Thanks for the honesty. We only learn by trying. Smile
Not sure I like those FX on the guitar. I echo a lot of what Jamolir stated. If mixed in low to give the mix some extra dimension it might have actually been really neat. Definitely different sounding for sure. One thing too I noticed is just how compressed the vocal sounds. You got the overall tone of it right IMO, but my gosh it does not need to be that present in the mix at all. This is a pretty sparse arrangement that allows the vocal to have a place to sit without having to do too much processing. It honestly makes the vocal sound a bit flat. Also, on the drums they're really quite far back and definitely sound over done. Let them breathe.