Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Words, my mix
Heres my mix. Worked a good couple of hours on it. What do you think? any input helps. Thanks!

.mp3    Devils_Words.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Not so bad for just 2 hours! I think you could fix your drums.. they sound so "closed" and far... You should try to get them stronger and right in face of the listener.

This could be applied for all your mix in general...

Some reverbs would make the voice more "spiritual" and nice.

Try to make the guitars sound a little more crisp, and i think you should get a pretty nice mix!

Keep it up! Smile

P.S= May i ask you to listen to my mix? I need advices cause i'm in trouble with this song... it was a bit hard for me Sad
EleKtroFR Productions - Music Producer & Mastering Engineer (aspirant)
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/elektro-fr
Yeah, not bad at all for a couple hours.

Few things:

-Snare drum is not cutting it. For songs like these, in this style specifically, that snare drum is all about the power and impact of the mix. It's gotta be punchy, up-front, and be able to blow your head off. I don't get that from your mix. It's buried! Definitely needs some augmentation or replacement via a sample.

-It seems that the bass guitar is all sub. You need the sound of the strings and the attack of the bass in there for the 'attitude'...especially in songs like this. I usually split the bass guitar off into two tracks and process the low-end and top-end stuff separately. I find a healthy boost at around 1k does wonders for bringing out that string attack, but every bass guitar is different. And then after all that, I'll send them both to an aux where they're (gently) compressed, just to 'glue' them together.

-The vocals are a little low in the mix as well and could actually use a lot more compression, IMO.

I thought the guitars were pretty spot-on, actually. Nice.
Let's figure this out.