Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Up SpedeMix
Hello. I decided to spent the saturday afternoon with this one. This came together fairly quickly (about 3-4 hours which included some vocal editing). Kept it really simple; not much any FX stuff here. I was using Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way album as a reference.

.m4a    Catching_Up_SpedeMix.m4a --  (Download: 3.47 MB)

Great mix, Spede. The biggest problem I have with it is actually a problem with the arrangement. It feels like it really needs a Hammond 2:19-3:10, and some backing vocals or something too to give another lift at 2:44. Good idea of yours to give the vox a double-track there. I think I might have left the tambourine off my version too -- oops!

Great sounding mix. I love the sound you got from the snare.
Very nice!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Great Mix Spede.....love the warmth.
Again a solid, professional mix! Actually, I think your mixes,in general, are very consistent in quality Smile

Just my 2 cents, a matter of taste:

- In the big drums part, I would back off the hats a few dB's.
- The vocal doubling there didn't quite do it for me, but maybe I have to get used to it (since I am biased after mixing it myself Wink )
- In the same final part of the song I expect a bit 'more', maybe put up the guitars a bit, or add delay..?

Again, a matter of taste: It is a great mix!

Cheers!

(21-12-2013, 10:01 PM)Spede Wrote: Hello. I decided to spent the saturday afternoon with this one. This came together fairly quickly (about 3-4 hours which included some vocal editing). Kept it really simple; not much any FX stuff here. I was using Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way album as a reference.