Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerghost ( Sano mix )
Great Song, enjoyed mixing it. Comments welcome.

.m4a    Summerghost ( Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 6.69 MB)

I went back and fixed a few things in my first mix and polished it up a little.

.m4a    Summerghost (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 6.69 MB)

Listenin your mix 2.
Verses sound. good. kick and snare is fine, i miss some toms and mor cymbals.
I notice kind of a lvl drop in middle piece/outro, and that works opposite the intensity increase so I think you should look into that.
Listenin again I think its the bas - chances are its my room, but as I know that pretty well the possibility you have a bas eq made for verses which doesnt fit the other part is worth lookin into.
Despite my critisism I like your mix, I just think you could do small fixes makin it much better.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks for listening and your comments Voelund !

The drums came premixed in a stereo stem so there is not a lot of room for adjustment there.

The bass is the same throughout the song, I used no verse/chorus settings on it. I've listen the section over again and not sure if I hear it or not. I can hear the bass being masked slightly by the other instruments. But I undecided if I can hear the level/intensity difference.
nice mix. the vibe fits the song.

I like the bass sound, can you tell what processing you did to it?
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Sounds great !
The bass and kick sound great ,it sounds like compression is kicking in or something in the chorus Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

In general I think this is a really good mix. You've done well in keeping all the instruments audible throughout the song.

While the bass sounded great in your mix, I felt it was perhaps a tad too overpowering throughout the mix. Pulling it back a little would make this mix overall a bit more relaxed.

The way the chorus guitars were panned didn't feel good. A pretty foolproof method in making a doubled electric guitar sound big is to fully pan them to opposite sides.
Thanks for your comments guys !

Spede, I think you're probably right about the bass. I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it since voelund mentioned it, but I think it probably needs pulled back for at least the verses.

The chorus guitars I struggled with, but I'm going to give them another go.
Here's a updated version. I've tried to address all the issues and I eased up on the master buss compression.

.m4a    Summerghost (Sano mix3).m4a --  (Download: 6.69 MB)

Sounds Much Better Big Grin!

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts