Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jmac's attempt
I seem to have a little sparser arrangement than most of the mixes I've listened to, in terms of what instruments are playing when.

A couple of things I remember doing -
Shifted the Hammond down an octave and used a Leslie emulation.
Shifted two of the bg vox tracks up an octave, and used an Ensemble effect on the bg sub-mix.

I appreciate any feedback

J

.mp3    Comfort Lives In Belief_1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.64 MB)

(20-12-2013, 11:07 PM)JMac52 Wrote: I seem to have a little sparser arrangement than most of the mixes I've listened to, in terms of what instruments are playing when.

A couple of things I remember doing -
Shifted the Hammond down an octave and used a Leslie emulation.
Shifted two of the bg vox tracks up an octave, and used an Ensemble effect on the bg sub-mix.

I appreciate any feedback

J

Wow. The smooth way this opens, so understated, then building in intensity as the song goes on...

Like... wow... can't think of a better word... Tongue

My only complaint about the whole darn shebang is once the full compliment of instruments arrive they just SWAMP those vocals. Might want to pull them up 3 dB or so.

Other than that, I just LOVE this. Not sure it's the sound Voelund was going for but, IMHO, it suits the song. Love the way you used the piano and the shaker in the opening! Nice! Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(06-01-2014, 06:57 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: Wow. The smooth way this opens, so understated, then building in intensity as the song goes on...

Like... wow... can't think of a better word... Tongue

My only complaint about the whole darn shebang is once the full compliment of instruments arrive they just SWAMP those vocals. Might want to pull them up 3 dB or so.

Other than that, I just LOVE this. Not sure it's the sound Voelund was going for but, IMHO, it suits the song. Love the way you used the piano and the shaker in the opening! Nice! Smile

Wow... thanks a lot! Agree on the vocals.

One thing I learned from this project is track everything, regardless of any preconceived arrangement you might have. This way you have maximum flexibility at mix down.

J