Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Catching Up' -- the preview mix
There was no mix provided with this multitrack, so I did something I've not done in ages, and boshed up a quick preview mix in Reaper from a standing start -- just so people would have an idea of what they were downloading.

Took me two and a half hours, all in the box with a couple of T-Racks and Softube things, iZotope Alloy, Cytomic Glue, and the bundled Reaper plug-ins. A couple of reverbs from Lexicon's LXP native. Not particularly fishing for feedback, but thought some of you might find it interesting to listen to within that context.

Fun! Smile Should do it more often...

.mp3    CatchingUp_Full_Preview.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

Sounds great here, especially for 2 1/2 hours!
You've peaked my interest in trying this one Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Beautiful song. Well done in so little time. You made me want to give this one a go.
Bein a guitarist I would like the guitars helped a little separate, eq or pan but evrythings audible and lvls are fine and I like you didnt pump up the drums n bas.

Thank you and if you can find the time Im sure I wont be the only one enjoying another good mix from you Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Great mix,love it
Thanks Mike! And thanks also for writing the best book ever on mixing techniques.

I am gonna give this one a try too.
Nice mix. Im tryin to mix this right now but I cant get her voice to sound as "fat" as yours. Could you maybe tell me what you did with it?

To rephrase: My biggest question is wether you used a whole vocal take or cut and pasted your own.
Hard to get that snare sitting like that.
Wow Mike, amazing for 2.5 hours- Great balance from low to high. It probably took me that long just to get the track organized to start!
(20-12-2013, 02:47 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: There was no mix provided with this multitrack, so I did something I've not done in ages, and boshed up a quick preview mix in Reaper from a standing start -- just so people would have an idea of what they were downloading.

Took me two and a half hours, all in the box with a couple of T-Racks and Softube things, iZotope Alloy, Cytomic Glue, and the bundled Reaper plug-ins. A couple of reverbs from Lexicon's LXP native. Not particularly fishing for feedback, but thought some of you might find it interesting to listen to within that context.

Fun! Smile Should do it more often...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for providing the rough mix!

The SOS column leads me to believe there was a B3 organ and Leslie recorded but it's wasn't included in the multitracks that I pulled down from the SOS site. Just curious if you happen to know if it was left out on purpose?

James
Wow, great mix, especially vocals. Sometimes the vocal reverb seemed to jump out at me, say just after 1:00 for example. Almost sounded like she was in a different acoustic space.