Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And another one.
Hi,
I'm still learning......all feedback is welcome.

antoine

.mp3    PromisesAndLies_FinalMix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.52 MB)

Not a bad start, I've heard worse (and made worse) mixes! My feedback:
Guitars - Effects are too strong. Reverb makes them sound a bit like the amp was set up in a cave or huge room and only the room mic was used.
Vocals - Similar. Tame some of the delay feedback, add a bit of verb and use some automation to make them sit better in the mix.
Bass - A couple of low end frequency problems that clash with the guitars and kick. Do a little listening with just the bass and guitars, and then just the bass and kick and you should be able to do a bit of cutting of some frequencies to give them both their own place.

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
Thanks! Very usefull comments. I will have another go at it the coming weeks.
Hi,
Based on the previous comments, here is a new mix. The only thing I 'forgot' is the vocal automation.

I'm not sure if I did enough and the right frequency cutting (bass and guitar, kick) to give them their own place in the mix. I also have put a compressor on the bass, with a side chain feed from the kick. Removed most of the delay. And changed some of the reverb. Overall, I think it has improved although I'm sure much work remains to be done. However, i move on with a next song.

Thanks for the input again.
antoine

.mp3    PromisesAndLies_mix_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.45 MB)